Translate

Pin it!

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

A year to remember....2014




2014 proved to be the toughest year Matthew and I have ever experienced. Anything and everything either needed to be replaced or repaired this year, the usual family, faith, finance, and health concerns always seemed to be staring at us in the face. We also mourned the loss of our 2 children this year due to miscarriage. We saw Gods hand take us to new levels of faith, and we saw hurt and brokenness shake our faith like never before. I had to ask myself the same question Job asked in 2:10, "What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?" Satan tried to win, and almost did, but so thankful that Gods love kept us near even when we felt our lives falling apart. While 2014 held a lot of bad, it also held blessings too. I got to see my youngest except Christ into his life. I got to see God bring my nephew safely into the world, I also watched Him safely protect my daddy when I feared death was near. 2014 has been one hurricane ride of emotion, doubt, fear,disappointments, and growth. Through it all, we try to find blessings in the midst of all the rubble. I pray 2015 brings restoration and a refreshed spirit. I also pray for new beginnings, new doors to be open, and new ways to fulfill our purpose God has for us. I pray we will experience His presence like never before and follow His Spirits guidance in obedience. I pray we stay sober and vigilant against Satan's traps and never allowing things in our life to quench His power or silence His voice. About 10 years ago, I asked the Lord "what is true faith", and I really wanted Him to reveal to me true faith, I knew all of the cliché answer or the  boxed answers. But, I wanted to know what true faith is. He never told me until the end of this year.

"True Faith is trusting the character of God no matter what the eyes of your circumstances see."

Hebrews 11:1,
Faith is the substance of things HOPED for, evidence of things not seen."

Our only Hope is Christ Himself, everything lies within our relationship with Him, 2014 taught me a few things. It taught me True Faith and Trust, that I am not a spiritual Wonder Woman (and God doesn't want me to be), and that God still loves me, even when I doubt Him, get hurt at Him, and even when I feel He made wrong decisions in our lives. He understands my human heart and emotions and He finds a way to comfort me and reminds me of who He is once again. He gently reminds me of His character He possesses, along with His promises that He gives. I have learned to Trust His plan over my own, be grateful for the blessings He gives, and to hang on to Romans 8:28, Proverbs 3:5-6, and Isaiah 40:31 as my anchors.

Happy New Year!

Perfect verse for the new year:
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. (‭Isaiah‬ ‭43‬:‭19‬ KJV)