Translate

Pin it!

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Claim the Freedom!


I found one of my old posts I thought I would pull it out of the archives and re-post it again. Praying it will encourage someone today! 



I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Him will I trust.
Psalms 91:2

Do you ever feel overwhelm with life, over loaded with stress, anxious with fear or worries, or all of the above? David knew all too well the stress and anxiety of life, the future, and the unknown. He had to escape and live in a cave for years until God made him king of Israel. Psalms 91:2 brought comfort and courage to David. How often do we need to remind ourselves that God is our refuge - not family or friends. God is our fortress - not money or stability. God is everything we need Him to be. The definition of Refuge is - a place providing shelter from danger or hardship, a source of help, relief, or comfort in times of trouble. The definition of Fortress is - a stronghold (a place of security or survival). God is simultaneously both comfort AND security. He is our shelter AND survival at the same time. He is our - survival! What comfort that is to know that God Almighty is our survival. It doesn't matter what our economy is dictating to us. It doesn't matter the uncertainty  that our government brings. We have help and security through God. I love how the verse uses the personal noun "my" - it is personal. God is personal to each of us.  He conforms His security and comfort to fit each person to their own needs. He is a personal God, providing personal comfort and security. Do you know the definition of security? The Webster Dictionary says Security is - FREEDOM from danger, FREEDOM from fear, FREEDOM from anxiety. Yes, it actually says those exact words! How awesome is that - we no longer have to be enslaved to danger, enslaved to anxiety attacks, enslaved to fear! We no longer have to be in a prison of the mind, in prison of our emotions. We have FREEDOM! God is our Relief and Security! Are we tapping into that freedom today? Meditate today on Psalms 91:2 - tap into the freedom