Translate

Pin it!

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Girl Meets Boy....once upon a time!





On February 18th, a very shy boy asked me out on a date. I said yes, because I kind-of liked him, AND I had just turned 16 - which meant I was officially old enough to date! I was excited to have someone ask me out on my very first date -  EVER! That night he was very sweet and such a nice gentlemen - but very shy! I was just glad I was a very talkative girl! {In the beginning of our relationship, I would literally pray that I would be able to keep the conversation flowing - I hate dead silence!} On the way home that night, he asked, "So, do you want to be like boyfriend and girl friend?". For a split second, I contemplated, "I just became old enough to date, do I really just want to tie myself down?" But I knew he was not the kind of guy to date other people, he only wanted exclusive or nothing! So, I thought, "Sure, why not, I didn't have anyone currently asking." So, I said, "yes". In that moment of saying "Yes", I never thought that he would be the one I was going to marry. I mean, I have always had the rule, "Don't date unless they are a potential mate." But, at that moment, I didn't see him as my future husband. I saw him as a guy that I could date and hang-out with. He, however, had a different scenario. He says, when he asked me out, he was looking for a future wife. He says, he saw me as his future wife. {Sweet.....I know!}However, God knew what our future would hold and I am glad that I decided to listen to the His voice instead of my selfish, prideful desires at the time.

I am happy to announce, though, it did not take me very long at all to fall head-over-hills in love with him. By our 6 month dating anniversary - we knew we were the one for each other. We knew we had found our soul mate! He has been my first date, my first guy to hold hands with (which is a funny story for another time! LOL), my first kiss, the first "I Love You", and the first "I Do!".

Many years later.....He is my only date, my only guy I hold hands with {with the exception of my little handsome boy!}, my only kiss {again.....with the exception of my 2 beautiful angles}, my only love, and my only "I Do!". I no longer have to pray for a conversation starter....because now he is no longer shy. Sometimes I have to stop him and remind him of the times he "use" to be shy - just so I can talk! {Smiles}

Here is to many more years of saying, "yes" to the man of my dreams!