Translate

Pin it!

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 1, 2013

"Wait a Minute!!!"

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31


"Wait a minute!" I hear those words echoed all day. I hear my children tell me, my husband tell me, I hear it when I call any company or doctor's office, I hear it when I visit customer service at the local store. I hear the phrase ALL the time and personally I hate the phrase. I hate the word "wait!" However, I find myself constantly telling my children or husband to "Wait a minute!" Isn't it ironic, the thing we hate the most is so often the thing we do the most!

As much as I hate the word "wait", I really do not enjoy hearing God say, "wait". Even though, when He tells me to wait, I know it is for MY own good. He has my BEST interest. He knows what I really NEED. The waiting game is never easy. I love Isaiah 40:31, especially when it comes to my "waiting on God" season of life. Not only is the waiting game hard and no fun, it is also humbling. I mean, do you know how silly you sound when you have NO IDEA where you are going or what you are doing and when people ask all you say is, "I am waiting on God!" It is such a cliche these days.

In honor of my still "waiting on God season" of life, the Lord led me to study Isaiah 40:31. It amazes me how God can tell me so much through just ONE verse! He opened my eyese to Isaiah 40:31 in a new aspect. He showed me some things we gain through our "waiting on God" season of life. When we do our part in the waiting season - obedience. God can then do His part - teaching us to SOAR! I mean, that is really what the "waiting on God" season of life is all about. God is making us ready - breaking us - so that we can turn our experiences into SOARING for Him. He showed me alot through that one word - Soar. When I think of the word, "soar", a few things come to my mind of what it represents.

Soaring Represents:

FREEDOM!!! When you watch the Eagle soar in the sky (or any bird, seeing how most of us have never seen an eagle soar) they look so FREE. No worries, no boundaries, just open sky all to themselves. We have freedom in Christ - not just through salvation but BECAUSE of salvation. We can freely have a relationship in Christ. We have the permission to approach Him about anything. We are not bound by laws or regulations in Christ. We have FREEDOM!!!!

SUCCESS!!!! For an eagle to learn to soar it shows success. An eagle wasn't borned soaring. An eagle was taught how to soar. When they actually learned it and became capable of doing it, that shows success. Christ is our success. We can not truly have success in Christ, until he has broken us and raised us up again. When I speak of success in Christ, I am not speaking of finances. I am speaking of SUCCESS. I feel success in a christians life is finally getting to the point of living a spirit filled life. Drawing men unto Christ.You and Jesus have a close relationship. (The disciple that layed his head on Jesus' chest, kind of close.)

PEACE!!!! When eagles are soaring they look peaceful. They are at peace with themselves when they soar and they are at peace with their Creator when they are soaring. Christ is our peace. The trials and tests in the waiting period is what enables our peace during the soaring period. We have expereinced Him in such a way through the trials and tests, that we learn He is all we have and all we need during the soaring.

STRENGTH!!! It takes alot of strength in the bird to soar for long periods of times. They have to build up to being able to soar for long distances. When we are in the waiting period, it takes God's strength to keep us going, to no give up. However, when we are soaring it takes God strength to keep us grounded. During the soaring time, is when pride likes to creep in and ruin everything. It takes God's spirit to keep us humble. Proverbs 16:18, "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." It takes Gods strength to keep us from falling while we are soaring.

MATURITY!!!! The eagle had to learn how to soar. It didn't happen while he was a young eagle. Because he had to learn it and build up enough strength to do it, so it tooks time. Our waiting time matures us. When we are in the wating period, we should be engrossing ourself into prayer and into the word. Nothing draws us to God like trials and tests. That is was brings maturity in the waiting period. When we wait with an obedient, pliable heart - God matures us. A rebellious heart in waiting will do just that - WAIT!

STRESS-FREE!!!! An eagle when he soars doesn't have a care in the world! When we are soaring Christ is our tranquility. When we soar, our anxiety and our fears disappear. In the waiting period we learn His perfect love. His perfect love is what casteth out our fears. 1 John 4:18, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." If you are in the waiting period and still have anxiety and fear - spend more time in His Word. You spend as much time as you can in God's Word until the symptoms disappear.

We can soar in our own strength; but our stamina will not last as long as it could in His strength and His timing. Some times we try to by pass the waiting period. We create dreams and goals for ouself and ask God to bless OUR dreams. We should be doing God's dreams and blessing God. In return, we will find the blessings!