Translate

Pin it!

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Work it, Girl, Work it!



Today, I am participating in SUYL at Kelly's Korner Blog! The topic today is Healthy Eating/Weight loss/Favorite Workouts Tips.

I am a big advocate of eating healthy and staying in shape! I do my best to cook healthy meals for my family and to offer them healthy choices for snacks. I do not stay away from sugar completely - I just try to teach, and show by example, - proportions! "Too much of a good thing is bad!" One healthy eating habit we have adapted is, Juicing! We do it as a family -even the kiddos! They love it. I juice all kinds of fruits and vegetables like carrots, apples, oranges, pineapples, strawberries, mango, spinach, and kale.  I have tried my very best to create tasty recipes that everyone will enjoy. I want my family to think of eating healthy as good and delicious - not a dread. Juicing has so many great benefits. One benefit I love is, it strengthens your immunity. When you juice you are getting ALL of the nutrients from the veggies and fruits - especially the nutrients from the skins. To gain more insight about juicing - I highly encourage to watch this movie about it called, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." It is very informative! You can also find some great juicing recipes on google or Pinterest. My families favorite recipe is: About 5-6 Carrots, 2 apples with peeling still on, 1 orange (I remove the orange peeling because it will give it a bitter taste), 2 pineapple spears, handful of spinach, and 2 Kale leafs!

                                 

I also love working out as long as it is a good (not boring) workout. I love it all - some of my favorites to do is Aerobics, Pilates, Yoga, and Strength Training. Yoga is a funny thing....it can be fun or boring - just depends on what type of yoga you do and who your instructor is. There is only one yoga I have found to love and that is by Denis Austin. She makes it fun and up beat. If you have to workout at home, Denise Austin and Leslie Sansone has the best DVD workout. Denise Austin has a great variety from aerobics  yoga, pilates to even pregnancy workouts. Leslie Sansone is awesome because she helps you power walk in your own home (this is great if you can not go out). I love running or walking in the great outdoors though. Something about getting outside on a beautiful day and walking!

One thing I would love to try is Zumba. I have not yet tried it but it looks fun. I love any workout that is fun to do! I use to do Billy Blanks Tabeo all the time simply because it was fun and it gave you a great workout! {SMILES}

Leave me a comment! Tell me what are some of your favorite workouts or healthy living tips. Do you have a blog? Tell me about it! Thanks for stopping.


In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.  ~Author Unknown